- Made from Hand Woven “Feather Weight” Scottish Wool from the Isle Of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. This is Real Harris Tweed. The Tweed was Shipped to Brooklyn, NY, Where it was Sewn into Caps in Small Batches of Only 12 Per Color.
- Soft Lambskin Leather on the Inside Forehead Makes a Very Comfortable Fit. A Thin Quilted Lining Helps Keep You Warm.
- Head Sizes are: Medium (7, 22”, 56 cm), Large (7 ¼, 22 5/8, 58 cm), Extra Large (7 ½, 23 1/2”, 60 cm), Extra, Extra Large (7 ¾, 24 1/4”, 62 cm). The Hats Will Stretch a Little With Wear.
- The Brim is Adjustable to Either a Curved Baseball Cap Shape or a Flat Shape. Every Cap has a Bronze Snap on the Brim that Allows the Cap to be Worn Open. Note that the Snap will Show only When the Cap is Worn Unsnapped. Otherwise, the Snap is Invisible.
- Hats Like These are Known as Scally Caps, Driver Caps, Ivy Caps, Irish Caps, Newsboy Caps, Flat Caps, Gatsby Caps, Hunting Caps or Cabbie’s.
Mac Belford owned hat stores in Williamsburg and made hats in Brooklyn from the 1920’s to the 1950’s. His tradition has been brought back by his grandson. These caps are make in the USA, right in Brooklyn. The wool was imported from the Northern Islands of Scotland. It is real Harris Tweed, but was made lighter than regular Harris Tweed. (In case you don’t know, Harris Tweed is hand woven in homes and cottages using bicycle powered looms). The brim shape is adjustable and inside over the forehead is soft lambskin. The caps have a quilted lining. The caps can be worn with the brim snapped shut or it can be unsnapped to allow a taller look. The snap is invisible when worn closed, but when open the bronze colored snap will be visible. The hat size will stretch slightly with wear. Sizes are: Medium (7, 22”, 56 cm), Large (7 ¼, 22 5/8, 58 cm), Extra Large (7 ½, 23 1/2”, 60 cm), Extra, Extra Large (7 ¾, 24 1/4”, 62 cm). Only twelve were made in each color.